Motivation and methodology of the study
- Autonomous driving is currently getting a lot of attention and is subject of intense discussions – not least because of accidents
- The discussion is further fueled by OEMs equipping and pushing new models with driver assistance systems
- OEMs and the press focus on technology-driven arguments
- So far, no current study on the concrete experiences of the users of driver assistance systems is known – the same applies to wishes and fears regarding autonomous driving
- Against this background, Consline AG analyzed user comments on autonomous driving and driver assistance systems in German online media (forums, discussion boards, news platforms etc.):
- Time range of the study: April to October 2016
- Brands: Three German premium brands and Tesla
- Number of relevant user comments: 1,379 messages with 2,723 statements
The study identifies and analyzes user contributions on concrete experiences with the driver assistance systems of the brands considered. Thus, Consline was able to analyze a multitude of user experiences in different traffic, weather and usage situations which could hardly be captured with other methods like test drives, simulation or surveys. As a benchmark study, the study shows huge differences in the fulfillment of customer expectations both between driver assistance systems in general and between the different solutions of the respective brands.
Consline issued the study as an exclusive study on their own behalf.
In case of questions please feel free to address to Mr Christian Anghelide via email@example.com.