Munich 12/12/2018. Consline AG has analyzed customer experiences with driver assistance systems in current premium models of the brands Audi, BMW and Mercedes-Benz. Evaluating the driving experiences published in online forums and social media in Germany, the study shows: Although there is an improvement compared with the results from a study in 2016, there is still considerable need for action.
The OEMs navigation systems are not well received by customers. Our study shows that 85 Percent of customers rate the navigation functions negatively. And a result that is particularly explosive for manufacturers: 84 Percent of Users prefer navigation functions of apps, such as Google or Waze.
Find the full German Article about our study here
Download the study here
Motivation and methodology of the study
- Autonomous driving is currently getting a lot of attention and is subject of intense discussions – not least because of accidents
- The discussion is further fueled by OEMs equipping and pushing new models with driver assistance systems
- OEMs and the press focus on technology-driven arguments
- So far, no current study on the concrete experiences of the users of driver assistance systems is known – the same applies to wishes and fears regarding autonomous driving
- Against this background, Consline AG analyzed user comments on autonomous driving and driver assistance systems in German online media (forums, discussion boards, news platforms etc.):
- Time range of the study: April to October 2016
- Brands: Three German premium brands and Tesla
- Number of relevant user comments: 1,379 messages with 2,723 statements
The study identifies and analyzes user contributions on concrete experiences with the driver assistance systems of the brands considered. Thus, Consline was able to analyze a multitude of user experiences in different traffic, weather and usage situations which could hardly be captured with other methods like test drives, simulation or surveys. As a benchmark study, the study shows huge differences in the fulfillment of customer expectations both between driver assistance systems in general and between the different solutions of the respective brands.
Consline issued the study as an exclusive study on their own behalf.
In case of questions please feel free to address to Mr Christian Anghelide via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Informing yourself online before making the decision to buy a product has become more and more the norm in past years. No surprise, this development spreads into the health sector as well. The most sold products in German pharmacies are over the counter cold medications. For this reason, the Web- and Social Media Monitoring experts at Consline AG took a look at online discussion about 78 different cold medications between November 2013 and October 2014.
The results of their analysis were surprising as well as clear: Only one Percent of the posts are concerned with product prices. Instead the comments and suggestions focused on experiences with and effectiveness of products.